Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Mid Semester Reflection

Six word memoirs

The Six Word Memoirs were very interesting for me. I joined this class thinking that I would learn new ways of writing and getting the public attention and I really did, the Six Word Memoirs are a prove of this. I believe that the thing that most went well for me on this project were my pictures. I tried to make them very representatives but as simple as possible and I think it went pretty well. I needed to work more on my punctuation because I wasn't very satisfied with the simple one that I used in almost all the 6 Six Word Memoirs. Through this project, I've learn a bunch of things about writing and getting the public attention. I've learn how to be intense in a very clear and simple way and I've also learn a lot about pictures language and how a photo can talk too much more than words. I would give me A in this project. 

IGNITE presentations

The Ignite presentations were the funist project to me. I think my presentation went more well than I thought it would and so did my slides. But I still needed to work more on talking slower because even with all the practice that I did for the big presentation on the Teacher's Convention, I still needed to wait for one or two slides. I'm very satisfied with my work on this project and my two presentations, was hard for me to reach my goals for this project, because wasn't easy to present in english, but I'm really glad that I could make it, specially in front of all the teachers. I've learn a new way to show my ideas with this project, a very clear and simple one, like the Six Word Memoirs. I've also learn techniques to present in public and more ways to get the public attention. I would give me an A in this project.

Blogging

I always try to post everything on time or at least 3 days after the assignment was given. When I started the blog I used to post more personal additions, now I don't do it very often but I still do. I'm not very good at commenting so I don't usually comment at my classmates blogs, though I'm always visiting it. I would give myself a B in this topic.

Connecting and Engaging

I'm not very good on participate in online discussions. I don't comment very often, only when is for an assignment, because I always don't know what to say, but I visit my classmates blogs usually. I'm a quite person in class, when we skype with our friends in Thompson I usually just listen and pay attention. I'm a little bit afraid to talk because of my bad english. I attend to class on a regular basis and I try to post everything on time and when I can't, I usually make sure to catch up with all the work. I would give me a B on this topic.

Goals

Three goals I would like to achieve until the end of the semester would be:
- Post more personal additions on my blog
- Commenting more often on my classmate blogs
- Give a try to a type of book that I don't like

No comments:

Post a Comment